Trip seems to be over, or at least postponed. We did not make it to the Exumas.
The engine damage discovered Monday was terminal. The mechanics were wrong to give us the A-OK. (Well, gee, when does that ever happen?)
We are safely back in a marina in Nassau.and will spend a few days arranging boat storage and engine repair or replacement, then decide where to go/what to do, and whether/when to go home.
I have enjoyed entertaining you all, dear readers. I will do my best to continue to find interesting material for this blog, depending on what we decide to do next. For now, I will plan to post an update here and on Facebook, or feel free to email me for an update, in a few days.
All the best for an otherwise happy January!